2012 Sailweek Optimist Sailing School (July 16 - 20)
Alberta Sailing Association will be bringing its "Mobile Optimist Sailing School" to Wabamun Sailing Club for Sailweek this year. The program will run Monday July 16th through Friday July 20th from 9:00am – 4:00pm and will be suitable for students aged 9-15.
Cost: $300 + GST.
Please contact Russel Krause for more information:
Jul 16, 2012 - More than just a fun week of sailing, we hope kids will join this week-long training program where they can develop their sailing skills and training discipline much further. Generally, the instructors will be following the new CYA CANSail program which is replacing CYA's old white/bronze sail programs.
There will be a cap of 7 kids per instructor and, based on the students we can pre-register, we should be able to tailor the content of the classes somewhat to the students abilities. We need at least 10 students to run the course.
The ASA MOSS team will come each day with:
What your child should bring each day:
- Two or three CYA certified instructors
- Two instructors for up to 14 kids
- Three instructors for 15 to 20 kids.
- Ten Optis
- 4 kayaks
- One coach boat
- A change of clothes (Maybe some kids should bring two changes!)
- Lunch arrangements. (We cannot let kids wander too far away at lunch time)
- Waterproof jacket
- Their own PFD, if preferred
- Short wet suit is nice, but not required
- An voracious appetite to learn and have fun!